The Path: Chalklit as the tech-ed educational solution
ChalkLit is a Mobile-centric technology platform with complete web support as well. It has an easy to use interface to guide content consumption by teachers. It hosts both curated and created content.
- In-Class Resources - tactical inputs (How to plan and teach my next class?)
- Training for ensuring deeper conceptual and pedagogical understanding
- In addition, the platform provides regular updates on latest practices globally, updates from the department and work done by individual teachers
- All modules are structured in a manner that the content is contained within one page and has an accompanying video or teaching learning materials
- Content pieces are scaffolded using Open Educational Resources and focused on helping the teacher in the final delivery in the classroom
The way forward
Million Sparks Foundation has created and will continue to create free and open mobile and web learning tools and platforms. The foundation will curate and develop world class content from various sources and organize it for the relevant curriculum topic wise. The immediate focus is teacher capacity building. In the long term, the above would be extended to other stakeholders of the education ecosystem.
Education technologies alone are not capable of completing the transformation, hence we will build community support for the initiative. We will work with other organizations that are in the field of education to bring about a holistic transformation. Million Sparks Foundation will work with the entire eco-system to enable this change as we progress with the pilot.
- Department of Education
- SCERT, and DIETS
- School Leadership, School Management, and Administrators
- Teachers and Teacher Mentors
- Parents and the Local Community
- Partner Organizations impacting the education ecosystem
- CSR Initiatives, Philanthropic Organizations and donors focused on impacting education